PAGES

Saturday 9 April 2011

Lexxian IXth 'Sawtooths'

Ok lets kick things off. One of my main projects is a Guard army that had a little cameo back in the first third edition codex. They had a little section under the Veterans stats and they were the little known Lexxian 9th. Ever since I saw them I was hooked by their small description and ONLY one piece of artwork.

This regiment is actually the product of nearly 4 years of planning. I've taken the core idea and expanded it. I'll post the background and regimental history in a later post.

For me I see the Lexxian troops as hardened figthers that use light infantry tactics such as scouting, inflitration, close quarter fire fights, stripped down kit etc. I've kit bashed this regiment from a variety of sources. I wanted to build an all plastic force and with only the one picture to go from I've got plenty of room to expand on.

This was the picture that started it all...



Early last year I made a great start producing an infantry platoon and a Command HQ. Here's how they turned out...


1st Infantry Squad

 





 


2nd Infantry Squad





 
Here's the Platoon Command...







So there it is, the beginning of my Lexxian 9th regiment. I've got lots to work on. There's still a veteran squad, some heavy weapons teams, a pair of sentinels and a Leman Russ. Untill next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment